The European Parliament has recognized that sexual abuse and sexual exploitation constitute serious violations of fundamental rights. In this sense, the Directive 2011/93/EU on combating the sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children and child pornography, establishes the obligation to train professionals on Sexual Violence against Children (SVaC), but this obligation remains to be breached in various European countries, among others, Spain.
What is EDUCAP Project?
EDUCAP aims to achieve the following results
- Creating of a Pedagogical Guide on SVaC for teachers.
- Improving capacities to address SVaC through the implementation of the Pedagogical Guide with a ToT methodology, training directly 100 teachers from 100 schools that after will train the teachers of their centers, reaching an estimated number of 1,200 teachers trained on SVaC.
- Increasing community awareness of the SVaC problem and of the children ́s right to be protected through a communication strategy.
- Promoting the replication of the project through a Guidance Document.
- Improving the protection of approximately 26,000 children against sexual violence.